Welcome to Write the Story!
June’s prompt brought a bevy of stories from romance to horror, and intrigue to kidnapping and all were excellent. For July, an antique box holding a strand of pearls is tempting the writer’s muse. Looking forward to the July stories.
Thanks to the writers who submitted a story and to the readers who enjoyed them. We appreciate your participation in Write The Story!
Now on to the July prompt!
A reminder: WU! created this project with two goals: providing a writing exercise and promoting our author sites to increase reader traffic. We ask that you please include a link to the Writers Unite! blog when you post your story elsewhere. By doing so, you are also helping promote your fellow members and Writers Unite! We encourage all of you to share each other’s stories to help all of us grow. Thanks!
Write the Story! July 2022 Prompt
Here’s the plan:
- You write a story of 3000 words or less (minimum 500 words) or a poem (minimum 50 words) based on and referring to the image provided and post it on the author site you wish to promote. Don’t forget to give your story a title. (Note: You do not have to have a website/blog/FB author page to participate, your FB profile or WordPress link is fine.)
- Please edit these stories. We will do minor editing, but WU! reserves the right to reject publishing the story if poorly written.
- The story must have a title and author name and must include the link to the site you wish to promote.
- Send the story and link to the site via Facebook Messenger to Deborah Ratliff or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Write the Story” in the first line of the message.
- Please submit your story by the 25th day of the month.
WU! will post your story on our blog and share it across our platforms— FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc. The story will also be available in the archives on the WU! blog, along with the other WTS entries.
We ask that you share the link to the WU! blog so that your followers can also read your fellow writers’ works.
The idea is to generate increased traffic for all. It may take some time, but it will happen if you participate. The other perk of this exercise is that you will also have a blog publishing credit for your writing.
Please visit Writers Unite! Facebook and join us at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/145324212487752/