Writers Unite!’s mission is to offer a haven for writers to share their work and hone their craft. As the writing process is our focus, author, and WU! admin, Lynn Miclea has created a series of “tips, tools, and tidbits” about writing for our members or anyone interested in writing to help improve their writing. Check the menu bar for any tips you may have missed or click on this link.
A kangaroo word is a word that contains a similar word or synonym inside.
For example, the word aberrant contains errant inside it. Below are a few more examples.
- Allocate — contains the word allot
- Charisma — contains the word charm
- Feast — contains the word eat
- Observe — contains the word see
- Prosecute — contains the word sue
- Rampage — contains the word rage
- Truthfully — contains the word truly
Please look at the chart for many more kangaroo words.
I hope you find this interesting and helpful. These and much more are also on my website and blog, and also in my Grammar Tips book. Thank you!
Website – https://www.lynnmiclea.com/
Blog – https://lynnpuff.wordpress.com/
Grammar Tips Book – https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09N2BQMCG/