Writers Unite!’s 2021 Short Story Contest Is underway!
We are one month into submissions for the WU! Short Story Contest! and stories are coming in!
Courage is the theme!
Check out the details below and start writing!
Deadline May 31, 2021
Monday, May 31, 2021, 11:59 p.m. ET
Must be a follower of Writers Unite! on Web https://writersuniteweb.wordpress.com/(Click on Follow or join via email.)
$50.00 Amazon Gift Card
Write a fiction story based on the theme “Courage.”
3000 maximum (1000 minimum)
Writers Unite!: email@example.com
- Contributors’ work must be original and not posted on any website, social media site, magazine, or traditionally or self-published. No exceptions.
- Word count must not exceed 3000 words (minimum 1000 words).
- Story must be fiction and rated G, PG, or R. (No excessive gore or erotica.)
- Only one submission per author.
- Stories submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: “2021 Short Story Contest.”
- Submissions deadline May 31, 2021 11:59 p.m. E.T.
- A panel of three experienced authors will judge the stories anonymously.
- One winner announced on August 01, 2021.
- Grand Prize: $50.00 Amazon Gift Card.
- Winner and top ten runners-up featured on the Writers Unite! blog.
Formatting the Manuscript
- Document: MS Word.docx or Google doc
- Font: 12-point Times New Roman or Courier
- Visual: Black text on white background
- Margins: One-inch margins and one-half-inch first-line indents
- Paragraphs: Set to double-spaced, zero lines before/after
- Spacing: Left justified with consistent one-space spacing between sentences
- Name/Word Count: Single-spaced true identity and word count in top right of first page
- Title: Centered title, about one-third down first page
- Byline: Centered one double-space after title
- Main Text: Begin text two double-spaces below byline
- Header: Name / Title / Pg.# on pages 2 and above
- Dialogue: Must be enclosed in quotation marks
- End of Text: Place <end> after last line