Welcome to Writers Unite!’s fourth anthology volume. We invite all writers of science fiction or any writers interested in the science fiction genre to submit a story to our Dimensions of Science Fiction anthology.
If you are interested in submission, you must be a member of Writers Unite! on Facebook. If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
- Submissions open on April 1, 2019, at Noon EDT
- Submissions close on June 30, 2019, at 11: 59 pm EDT
- All stories must be emailed to the Publisher at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please type “Sci-Fi Submission” plus your name and the story title in the subject line. Each story submission must be in a separate email.
Writers Unite! Science Fiction Anthology Guidelines:
Genre: Science Fiction (all subgenres)
Rating: G, GP, R (no excessive gore or erotica)
- Must be a member of the Facebook writing group, Writers Unite! (Link to WU!: https://www.facebook.com/groups/145324212487752/)
- Work must be original work by the contributor. Previously published work will be considered but must not be encumbered in any way by publishing rights.
- Publisher is Writers Unite Worldwide (https://writersuniteweb.wordpress.com/)
- 5000 maximum. (Please no less than 500 for stories, 25 words for poetry).
- You may submit shorter stories and poems (max word count 3000)
- Only authors of stories of min 3000 + words receive cover credit. Shorter stories will be included as space allows and authors given credit in the index of authors.
- Each author may submit up to five total stories.
- Each author is only allowed one 3K-5K word story (These stories take precedence in publishing)
- Up to four flash fiction and/or poetry pieces (max 1000 words each) are acceptable from one author in addition to the 3K-5K story. (These stories and poems will be selected on quality and space needs in the anthology.
Editing and Proofreading:
- Submitted manuscripts MUST be WELL-EDITED for consideration. Manuscripts not meeting the requirement will be rejected by the Writers Unite! Administrative team and not forwarded to the PUBLISHER.
- Formatting requirements are listed at the end of this document.
- PUBLISHER shall make no changes in, or to the manuscript without AUTHOR’S consent. In order to obtain such consent PUBLISHER shall submit the copy-edited manuscript to AUTHOR for approval. AUTHOR agrees to return such proof to PUBLISHER within ten (10) days of delivery of copy-edited manuscript.
Publication and Compensation:
- AUTHORS will retain sole copyright ownership of their individual respective works.
- AUTHORS may submit work for publication under a pseudonym but must provide true name for purposes of royalty payments.
- AUTHORS’ compensation will be based on a pro rata royalty share of 50% of net proceeds to be divided among all AUTHORS whose writing appears in WORK.
- CONTRIBUTOR’S *** MUST *** have a Valid PayPal ID will be required for royalty payouts to AUTHORS. If an individual AUTHORS refuses to provide PayPal ID they will not be eligible for compensation and their content will not be included in WORK. PUBLISHER will provide Authors with one electronic file of the finished product at no charge. If additional author copies are required, they will be provided as follows: AUTHORS may each purchase up to five (5) copies at PUBLISHER’s discounted rate of 30% off the distributor’s retail price. No royalties will be paid by PUBLISHER for copies purchased using Publisher/vendor discount.
- Selling Price: PUBLISHER will set the retail price (“cover price”) of the WORK, based on length, comparable works, and format. PUBLISHER reserves the right to raise or reduce the price as needed to stimulate sales.
- PUBLISHER at its sole discretion will make WORK available through distribution and/or vending companies in one or more of the following formats:
- Readable (text) digital format (electronic download, disk, CD/CD-ROM, E-Book reader or similar media of presentation, excluding motion picture/television/video/DVD rights) whether now known or hereafter invented or developed
- Print on demand (POD) trade paperback
- Traditional print run mass market paperback
Formatting the Manuscript:
- Font: 12-point Times New Roman or Courier
- Visual: Black text on white background
- Margins: One-inch margins, and on half-inch first-line indents.
- Paragraphs: Set to double-spaced, O lines before/after.
- Spacing: Left justified with consistent one-space spacing between sentences.
- Name/Word Count: Single spaced true identity and word count in top right of first page. (
- Title: Centered title, about one-third down first page.
- Byline: Centered one double-space after title.
- Main Text: Begin text two double spaces below byline.
- Header: Name / Title / Pg.# on pages 2 and above.
- Dialog: Must be enclosed in quotation marks.
- End of Text: Place <end> after last line.